87. Monge-Rojas R, Mattei J, Fuster T, Willet W, Campos H. Influence out-of nerve and you will social attitudes from light rice, brown rice and kidney beans because of the Costa Rican grownups in their dietary solutions. Appetite. (2014) –8. doi: /j.appet.
88. Mattei J, Hu Twitter, Campos H. Increased proportion of kidney beans to white rice was for the down cardiometabolic risk things for the Costa Rican grownups. In the morning J Clin Nutr. (2011) –76. doi: /ajcn.19
89. pos H. Dietary habits and you may threat of nonfatal serious myocardial infarction within the Costa Rican adults. Eur J Clin Nutr. (2006) –77. doi: /sj.ejcn.1602381
ninety. Chiuve SE, Fung TT, Rimm EB, Hu Facebook, McCullough ML, Wang Yards, et al. Alternative dietary indicator one another strongly expect risk of chronic situation. J Nutr. (2012) –18. doi: /jn.twenty two
91. Guenther PM, Casavale KO, Reedy J, Kirkpatrick Au moment ou, Hiza HA, Kuczynski KJ, mais aussi al. Posting of the fit eating list: HEI-2010. J Acad Nutr Eating plan. (2013) –80. doi: /j..
93. Hu T, Jacobs Jr DR, Larson NI, Cutler GJ, Laska MN, Neumark-Sztainer D. Large diet high quality within the adolescence and you will losing weight developments is related to less gaining weight in the change regarding adolescence so you’re able to adulthood. J Pediatr. (2016) –93. doi: /j.jpeds.
Citation: Monge-Rojas R, O’Neill J, Lee-Bravatti Meters and you may Mattei J (2021) A classic Costa Rican Adolescents’ Eating plan Score Are a legitimate Product to fully capture Diet Top quality and Identify Sociodemographic Communities With Suboptimal Diet. Top. Personal Fitness 9:708956. doi: /fpubh.56
Copyright laws © 2021 Monge-Rojas, O’Neill, Lee-Bravatti and you will Mattei. This is an unbarred-access post delivered in terms of the new Innovative Commons Attribution Licenses (CC By). Use, shipments otherwise reproduction various other forums are allowed, provided the first author(s) while the copyright owner(s) was credited hence the first guide in this record try quoted, relative to recognized academic habit. Zero play with, shipments or breeding are permitted hence does not conform to these terms and conditions.
Nevertheless, couple studies-especially in Latin The united states-keeps analyzed the new diets out-of teens living in rural against. towns otherwise belonging to more socioeconomic strata. This research fundamentally show that adolescents out-of rural components usually has actually a healthier eating plan, once we demonstrated inside the Costa Rica, a center-money country (30, 30), regardless of if results from different countries was in fact mixed (31–34). Also, efficiency on diet plan by SES is actually inconsistent, regardless of if extremely area for the ideal diet having large SES (35–37). Inside the Costa Rica, products regarding the nutrients changeover have been proven to end up being primarily consumed from the grownups from large SES (38). There was opinion in the literature regarding girls that have more powerful slimming down patterns than boys; studies from Costa Rica fundamentally service it (37, 41–43). Consumption of animal meat and you may large-time thicker edibles (age.grams., fast food, sugar-sweetened products) are higher certainly boys; at the same time the intake of make, good fresh fruit, and other healthy foods try high in the girls (39).
At every university, six trained nutritionists provided players with a laptop divided inside three areas (you to definitely point just about every day), and each part subdivided by the meal times (pre-morning meal, break fast, between breakfast and you can dinner, food, between meal and you may restaurants, food, ranging from food and bedtime). They certainly were following trained just how to done perfect eating details because of the composing intricate descriptions away from what they ate and you can ingested on go out it woke upwards are towards date it went to sleep later in the day, for a few consecutive months. Teenagers had been questioned to write down brand names of meals when suitable, ways of thinking, and you may treatments for food and you can drinks as much as possible. New nutritionists instructed the players simple tips to estimate the new serving sizes of your own dishes and you may products it ate using a reputable piece-size guidelines establish to own Costa Rica (50). New tips guide integrate full-colour images and you may diagrams of typical local meals as well as their planning, plus 3–six additional portion sizes. For each and every adolescent received the notebook and you can tips guide discussed significantly more than so you’re able to guess and you may number portion sizes throughout the three days. Teens have been along with coached so you’re able to statement section dimensions using specifications built into the household utensils otherwise frequency and you can size devices.
Versus girls, boys claimed rather highest consumption out of dairy foods, light grain, tortillas, veggie petroleum, sugary beverages, money, snacks Mexikansk kultur med flera, and you can fast foods. Adolescents inside the rural components consumed so much more light grain, beans, and you will vegetables than the metropolitan people. Having said that, adolescents when you look at the rural (against. urban) section reported somewhat down consumption out of dairy food, vegetable petroleum, strong oils, sweet drinks, money, products, and you may prompt foodspared with teens categorized as the reasonable SES, those people categorized as higher SES ate alot more dairy foods, sweet drinks, money, and you will fully processed foods. In contrast, teenagers of large SES ate less white grain, beans, and you can vegetable petroleum. There are zero differences in TCRAD portion by the many years category.
Nutritional transition is characterized by the fresh new progressive shift regarding a timeless diet high in fibre and you may lower in pounds and sugar, to a nutrition high in creature products, subtle cereals, oils, salt, and you can sugar, however, lower in dietary fiber (74). These types of diet might have been associated with a top chance off being obese and you can nutrients-related chronic infection (75). It’s been thoroughly showed you to rapid urbanization and you can highest-money domiciles is actually crucial people of this change (76–79). The better prevalence from overweight and you will being obese among urban adolescents and you will those of highest SES try in line with those conclusions, that’s a little stunning: regarding four Central Western regions, Costa Rica already gets the lower percentage (9%) off people (two decades or elderly) which might be clear of one metabolic disorder components (80). Likewise, the fresh new application activities of metropolitan, high-money domiciles try progressing within the nutritional transition, and additional money can often be always pick a great deal more opportunity-thicker items (81, 82). An extensive gap are emerging between society organizations that will afford more expensive, highly processed dinners and even more deprived groups one manage the old-fashioned dieting (83).
13. Tamez MA. Traditional North american country diet rating, diet quality score, threat of blood pressure levels among You.S. grownups off Mexican tradition. dissertation/PhD thesis, Harvard T.H. Chan College out-of Societal Fitness, Boston, MA, Unnited States (2020).
34. Euler Roentgen, Jimenez EY, Sanders S, Kuhlemeier A beneficial, Van Horn ML, Cohen D, mais aussi al. Peer examined: rural–urban differences in baseline diet intake and you may physical exercise quantities of teens. Prev Persistent Dis. (2019) 16:E01. doi: /pcd00
57. Sunlight Q, Spiegelman D, van Dam RM, Holmes MD, Malik Compared to, Willett Lavatory, mais aussi al. White grain, brown rice, and chance of diabetes during the United states men and women. Arc Int. (2010) –69. doi: /archinternmed.
86. Hu EA, Bowl An effective, Malik V, Sunrays Q. Light rice application and you can risk of type 2 diabetes: meta-studies and you can medical review. BMJ. (2012) 344:e1454. doi: /bmj.e1454